As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases
The humidity in your bathroom can be increased by excessive moisture and warm air. This can lead to mold growth and other health problems. Bathroom exhaust fans with light and heater eliminate unwanted odor, improve ventilation, and make your bathroom environment feel more comfortable.
You may be asking yourself why you would need the bathroom exhaust fan with light and heater.
This is because you’ll receive three different systems all in one.
Bathroom exhaust fans of today are much more than ventilating units. Some models offer a combination or a variety of functions including an exhaust fan that includes light, heater, and other innovative features.
You can keep your bathroom warm with this 3 in 1 unit. A lighting option can be added to your bathroom.
A bathroom exhaust fan with light and heater functions is preferable. It not only saves money on the installation of light, but it also helps to make your bathroom cleaner and more spacious.
If you already know what you are looking to buy, shopping around for the best bathroom exhaust fan with light and heater combo is a tedious task. Don’t worry.
We have compared many brands and models, and selected the best bathroom exhaust fans with light and heater. This selection was based on reviews from users and the current bestsellers. We also looked at their durability, reliability, brand popularity and other essential aspects.
We’re guessing that you’re interested in finding such a design!
If you answered yes, this review is just for you. There are many choices available on the market today. We have chosen the best bathroom exhaust fans with light and heater, which should be able to serve you well.
Let’s look at the reviews.
Unsure of what is best for your needs?
These 7 best bathroom exhaust fans with light and heater combinations are ideal for your bathroom. We have narrowed them down based on their power, performance, popularity, and, obviously, the exhaust fan price. These fans are also highly recommended by thousands of other users.
- 1 7 best bathroom exhaust fans with light and heater overview
- 1.1 1. Broan Nutone 9093WH
- 1.2 2. Panasonic FV-11VHL1
- 1.3 3. Broan-Nutone 665RP
- 1.4 4. RAD80LED Delta BreezRadiance Series
- 1.5 5. Broan Nutone QTX110HL
- 1.6 6. Air King AK55L Combination Ceramic Heater with Exhaust Fan and Light
- 1.7 7. Broan-NuTone 100HL Directionally-Adjustable Bathroom Heater, Fan, and Light Combo
- 2 The Best Bathroom Exhaust fans with Light and Heater: a Buying Guide
- 3 Why would you need a 3 in 1 bathroom exhaust fan with light and heater?
- 4 Broan Vs. Panasonic Bathroom Fans
- 5 How to Clean a Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Light
- 6 FAQs about the Best Bathroom Exhaust Fan
- 6.1 Does the bathroom exhaust fan eliminate bathroom odor?
- 6.2 How often should I clean a combination of a bath exhaust fan/ heater/light?
- 6.3 Is it okay to place the exhaust fan in the attic or basement?
- 6.4 How can you determine the CFM needed for proper ventilation?
- 6.5 Is “sone” referring to volume or decibels?
- 7 Conclusion
7 best bathroom exhaust fans with light and heater overview
- BATHROOM COMBO: Exhaust fan with heater and light combo powerful enough to heat rooms up to 65 sq. ft. Housing Dimensions- 13-1/4 x 13-1/4 x 7-1/2 inch
- EASY TO USE: Four-function wall switch included so you have the right switch to control all functions right out of the box
- QUICK INSTALLATION: Easy to install and/or replace an existing product for DIY'ers with included pieces
- STRONG PERFORMANCE: 1500W heating element and 70CFM ventilation fan provide optimum performance at 3.5, so you can have a touch of heat just when you need it without disturbing the whole house
- DECORATIVE AND EFFECTIVE: Bright 100-Watt incandescent lighting provides clean, even light for pleasant surroundings and enough light to focus on the details. The 7-Watt nightlight provides a soft glow to light your bath during those nighttime visits. The white enamel grille is a suitable match for any decor, no matter how many times you change the paint color!
The Broan Nutone exhaust fan/heater/light combo is a highly-coveted product. This fan is an excellent replacement for traditional exhaust systems.
First, its outstanding performance is what you will love. It’s known for its outstanding heating and ventilation performance. Its remarkable 70CFM ventilation is something that most appreciate. This fan allows for sufficient air movement to cover up to 65 square feet. You can have even move air in your bathroom in just a few minutes.
This bathroom exhaust fan and heater can warm you up in the morning or when you get out of your shower. A 1500W heating element will allow you to create a bathroom that is comfortable and warm in as little as 65 square feet without heating the entire house.
The fan-forced heating component is an attractive feature of this unit. It means that when you turn on your fan, the heater will automatically run along with it.
However, you don’t need to be concerned about its safety.
This unit includes auto-reset thermal protection in its heaters, ventilator coils, and fan. The fan will automatically shut down if it gets too hot. You can control the fan and heater individually.
This BroanNutone 9093WH bathroom exhaust fan can be used in multiple lighting modes. The bright 100-watt bright incandescent bulb is sufficient to illuminate the details. For nighttime visits, the 7-watt Nightlight will provide a gentle glow and help you to locate your way.
This combination product is functional, but also decorative. The fan’s simple design will fit in with any bathroom. It has a white enamel grille that matches any decor.
The unit is easy to install and replace, and it’s simple to use. It features a 4-function wall switch and each function can be independently operated.
Due to its high-quality construction, the unit can be expected to last a lot of time. It’s durable due to the galvanized steel construction and enamel coating.
Users may not enjoy the 3.5-sone level of sound.
NuTone 9093WH bathroom exhaust fan is equipped with many notable features to ensure that your bathroom experience is enjoyable and safe. The 3.5-Sone noise level may be uncomfortable for some, but it’s powerful, reliable, and highly functional. It is a great purchase.
Infusing air from a bathroom into an attic (or other non-venting space) only transfers moisture to another part of your house. However, moisture problems could still develop. You should first choose the best place to mount your toilet exhaust fan.
- Solution for Chilly Spaces: Ensures high-output ventilation and space heating for guaranteed comfort
- Vent Fan with Reliable Motor: Designed with Panasonic's intelligent and high-performing ECM motor
- Simple Fan Ventilation: Pick-A-Flow technology makes airflow selection and optimum CFM output simple
- Home Improvement with Easy Installation: Flex-Z Fast bracket provides fast and flexible installation
- Powerful Fan Light:Built-in 1600W positive temperature coefficient heater
Panasonic FV-11VHL1 provides good ventilation for your bathroom.
The combination unit includes a Sirocco fan that is high-capacity. The specially designed, dolphin-shaped blower wheels ventilate large amounts of air at lower RPMs. This unique design allows for more air flow by drawing air on the sides.
This bathroom exhaust fan is the quietest on the marketplace. Whisperwarm means that the model emits noise at levels below 0.7 dB.
The stainless-steel-sheathed heating element and 1400 watts heating capacity add comfortable heat within just minutes in the bathroom for your everyday chilly morning.
The unit can also be used to add overhead lighting to your bathrooms. It includes an 18-watt, fluorescent lamp. A 4-watt nightlamp, which is also convenient, can be used for illumination in the dark.
The Panasonic FV-11VHL1 can be trusted and is long-lasting. Thanks to its high-quality components and permanently lubricated motors it will provide years of trouble-free service.
Safety features are included in this model. The heater has a thermal cutoff fuse, and there are three levels of safety features.
One thing we must mention is that the ECM SmartFlow technology automatically increases the fan’s speed if it senses any static pressure.
Panasonic FV-11VHL1 bathroom exhaust fan can be a great choice for large bathrooms that require an exhaust fan with long life and reliable operation. While it is somewhat expensive, the FV-11VHL2 offers an entirely new level of convenience, construction quality, performance, and durability. It’s energy-efficient and economically viable.
- FAN COMBO: Combo include fan, 100-watt incandescent light, and 1300-watt heater that function independently or together to provide comfort to your bathroom
- DECORATIVE: White polymeric grilles blend into ceiling and complement virtually any decor
- DISCREET: Type IC (Insulation Contact) unit is installed into your ceiling so all but the light and white grille shows in your room for a clean appearance
- COMPACT: Fits 2" x 6" ceiling construction and works in bathrooms up to 65 sq. ft. at 70 CFM and 4.0 Sones for a quiet and effective operation
- EASY TO USE: Multi-function wall switches sold separately to allow you to make the choice that fits your lifestyle. A 20-amp circuit is required for use. Lighting Type:A19
Here’s another Broan Nutone brand bathroom fan with light and heater combo. This time it is 665RP. For as little as $100, you don’t have to spend a lot to get a smart combination of heater, light and exhaust fan for your bathroom. Broan Nutone 665RP bathroom heater and light combo is a great option for a low price.
A 70 CFM ventilation rating ensures maximum performance in any area of the bathroom up to 65 feet. Each blower wheel has its own motor which is continuously lubricated to ensure quiet operation and high efficiency.
The fan-forced heater heats the room quickly with 1300-watts and distributes the warm atmosphere evenly. The room is lit by a 100-watt incandescent lamp. You have the choice to switch ventilation, heater, light independently or in combination.
This product is both functional and stylish. White polymeric Grilles fit seamlessly into ceilings and are a great complement to any decor.
Unfortunately, the fan runs at around 4.0-sones. It’s actually much louder than most other models. However, some people find it to be a good fit for bathroom privacy.
If noise is not an issue, the Broan NuTone NuTone665RP heater/fan/light is the best option for small bathrooms.
- Ceiling mount ventilating Fan/dimmable LED light with modern grille design, quiet operation at 1.5 sones
- Built-in thermostat for consistent temperature, metal guard to prevent user contact with heating wire
- Energy saving brushless DC motor technology engineered to run continuously for a minimum 70,000 hours
- Main light output 850 lumens, 2700K, 1300W heating element evaluated by CUL for safety standards
- Included Components: Delta BreezRadiance Series 80 CFM Fan/Dimmable LED Light with Heater, 10.5W, 13-watt LED, 1.5 Sones
Here’s another smart bathroom exhaust fan with light and heater combination. This is the RAD80LED Delta BreezRadiance Collection from Delta Electronics (Americas Ltd.).
You’ll be impressed by its quiet performance. It works at 1.5-sone which means that it is quiet.
The fan with 80cfm airflow rating can be used in small bathrooms, measuring between 70 and 80 square feet. The 1300-watt heating element delivers the best heating results for different room sizes.
Furthermore, the DC brushless motor technology is energy efficient. It runs for hours and does not increase your energy bills. There is an integrated thermostat that regulates the temperature to keep it constant and adjusts accordingly. The thermostat is protected from overheating.
This model also features a modern, dimmable LED light with a modern grille. The included 13W LED lamp is powerful enough to lighten the whole bathroom. A dimmer can be installed to dim the light. It will also serve as a nightlight, which is useful for bathroom visits at night.
The metal guard prevents you from touching the heating coil.
Delta RAD80LED bathroom exhaust fan with light and heater will provide excellent heating, ventilation, and lighting performance. This combo unit can help you maintain a healthy indoor environment and keep your bathroom dry for many years. The users generally rate it highly.
- FAN COMBO: Exhaust fan, 60-Watt light, and 1500-Watt heater function independently or together to provide comfort to your bathroom
- DECORATIVE: White polymeric grille blends into the ceiling for a cohesive look and complements virtually any decor
- EFFICIENT: Two bright 60-Watt incandescent bulbs (bulbs not included), a 7-Watt nightlight (bulbs not included), and Efficient PowerHeat heater design provide years of quality use
- EASY INSTALLATION: Easy to install and/or replace existing product for DIY'ers. Includes a resilient anti-vibration mounting brackets, 6" round duct connector and a 1.1" long tapered sleeve to ensure a fast and flexible installation in 2" x 8" ceiling construction spaces.Adjustable mounting brackets span upto 24 inch
- QUIET: This Type IC, HVI Certified unit runs with 0.9 Sones and 110 CFM for a near-silent operation
Broan Nutone QTX110HL provides a rare combination: powerful heating, light and ventilation with a quiet operation.
Its 110 CFM rating means that it is powerful and effective. It is able to ventilate up to 105 square feet. It quickly removes humidity to prevent fogged reflections and manage moisture inside the bathroom.
It does its work without making too much sound. This powerful fan runs almost silently thanks to its 0.9-sone rating. It’s one of the quietest bathroom exhaust fans!
Also, permanently lubricated motors reduce fan noise. This makes the fan last longer and is easier to maintain.
This is the ultimate bathroom fan heater. It features an exclusive powerhead. It heats up the bathroom quickly with its 1500-watt heating element.
Two 60-Watt Incandescent lamps provide sufficient lighting to aid you in your bathroom activities. The unit comes with a 7Watt nightlight to add aesthetics.
For DIYers, replacing or installing this unit shouldn’t be too difficult. It includes a 6′” round duct connector and anti-vibration brackets. A 1.1” tapered sleeve will make installation easy in ceilings 2x 8 inches.
This white polymeric mesh grille will blend in with any decor and looks great. Rest assured, this unit is solidly built and will last you a lifetime.
This product is the perfect choice for you if you search for a quiet, powerful exhaust fan that can be used in large bathrooms.
- Heater, exhaust fan and light have grill dimensions of 17.125" width x 9.875" depth and housing dimensions of 14-5/8" length x 8-3/8" width x 6-1/2" depth
- Operates at 70 CFM at 5.0 scones and can efficiently ventilate a 70 sq. ft. bathroom or 85 sq. ft. room
- Consists of a heater blower wheel in one-piece metal that is electronically balanced, and a ventilation blower wheel in one-piece polymeric that is also electronically balanced
- Ceramic heating element is self-regulating, and delivers 1,350 watts of perfectly safe and satisfactory warmth
- Moonstone glass lens is installed in a flip-down lens holder and best functions with a bright 100-watt maximum standard bulb (not included)
Air King AK55L promises you the best performance in terms of efficiency. Its powerful 13500-Watt heater has 5000 BTU’s heating power that removes moisture and humidity from your bathroom. This will make it warm and comfortable.
The 70CFM ventilation efficiently removes moisture and improves ventilation in bathrooms of up to 70 sq. feet. However, the fan is quite noisy and generates about 3.5 sones of noise.
This bathroom vent heater combo light combo is the ideal solution for lighting. For even lighting, and a pleasant atmosphere, you can use either a 100W or 26W CFL lamp.
A 7-watt lightbulb allows you to use your bathroom at night without the need for a light.
It’s great to know that there is a frosted-moonstone glass lens that diffuses light throughout the bathroom. It will not become brittle or yellow with age. This bad boy comes with a 1-Year parts warranty.
This combination heater and bathroom light fan from Air King is also low profile, which makes it ideal for low ceiling applications.
This bathroom exhaust fan with 3 in 1 design can be used if noise is not a problem. It is a good bathroom exhaust fan for heating and venting your bathroom.
- Heater/Fan/Light brings convenient, comforting warmth to your bathroom Quiet operation–2.0 sone, 100 CFM ventilation fan Quiet, high-output 1500-watt heater with exclusive directionally adjustable design 4" ducting for new construction or retrofit Requires a dedicated 20 amp circuit Fits in 2" x 6" ceiling construction Designed for easy installation–includes new hanger bars HVI Certified Multi-function wall switches sold separately Bright incandescent lighting, uses one 100-watt (max
The nice aspect of 100HL is it includes a built-in 360deg directionally adjustable heat outlet. This allows you to direct heat where it is most needed.
The 1500-watt heater is able to provide heating for bathrooms up to 90 sq. It can be used to heat up to 9x10ft without taking the place or main heat source.
It does have a thermostat. You can adjust the thermostat to control the temperature. Additional safety features include thermal overload protection.
HVI certified fan moves water efficiently in bathrooms of up to 90 sq. feet. To maintain a calm and peaceful environment, the motor runs on a mere 2.0 ones. This ventilation fan’s motor is always lubricated and keeps it in operation for longer periods of time.
The fan is equipped with two lighting options. To lighten your bathroom, and improve visibility, you have the option of either a 100Watt A19 or a 27Watt GU24 fluorescent lamp.
These functions can be used separately or together to provide comfort for your bathroom. To suit your specific needs, attach a multifunctional wall-switcher.
It should not have any difficulties in installing this heater, fan, and light combination. Installation is quick and flexible thanks to the 4-inch duct connector, and 24-inch adjustable hanging bar system.
Finally, the white polymeric grates blend seamlessly with any bathroom decor that serves as a decorative feature.
Broan NuTone 100HL bathroom exhaust fan is distinctive in its design and how it works. It’s highly recommended by its users. This is the best 3 in1 exhaust fan you can buy for any bathroom size, from small to large.
The Best Bathroom Exhaust fans with Light and Heater: a Buying Guide
It might seem a tough task to find your best 3 in 1 bathroom exhaust fan.
So how do you choose the right one for you? What features are important?
These are the factors you need to think about when searching for an option.
Air Flow Capacity (CFM)
For bathroom moisture removal, make sure that the exhaust fan you choose has the appropriate airflow capacity (called CFM).
CFM refers to the speed at which an exhaust fan moves air. It is the ability of a bath exhaust fan to circulate air in cubic meters for a minute (CFM).
A low CFM exhaust fan can be used in smaller bathrooms and is, therefore, less powerful. However, a venting fan with a higher CFM will move more air, be more powerful, and work better in larger bathrooms. You should consider the size of your bathroom and the CFM required to make it work in your space.
CFM ratings of 50 to 60 are sufficient for small bathrooms. CFM ratings of 110 and above are suitable for medium-sized bathrooms. Choose an exhaust fan with a 150 CFM rating or higher if you have a larger bathroom.
Noise level (sones)
Sones are used to rate the noise of an exhaust fan in a bathroom. A bathroom fan with a high Sone rating can make so much noise that you won’t want to use it, even though it does its job.
Look for a bathroom exhaust fan that is quiet and will not disturb the peace. More noise is generated by models with 3 or 3,5 sones ratings.
A model with a sone rate of 4 or higher may produce a lot more noise. An exhaust fan with noise level between 0.5 and 1.2 sones is extremely quiet even when it is running full-throttle.
Make sure to check the rating of the fan before you buy.
You should consider the energy efficiency of your toilet exhaust fan and heater combo. An energy-efficient model uses 70% less power per hour than standard non-energy star models. This model contributes to lower energy consumption and lower electric bills.
Select a unit that has the energy-star mark to get the best bang on your buck.
You should pay particular attention to the type or lighting (Incandescent/LED, or fluorescent) included with the 3 in 1. LED bulbs are much more energy-efficient than incandescent bulbs. You should also check which type of lighting your bath fan, heater, or light combo uses. A nightlight option allows you to adjust your lighting more easily.
It is convenient to have a separate switch to control all three functions of the 3-in-1 exhaust fan. This switch lets you use all the functions at once or separately.
The wall-mounting of a bath exhaust fan, heater, and light combo is possible. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is.
It is convenient to have a detailed video or installation guide included with the unit. It is important to ensure the unit meets the requirements for direct installation above a bath or shower.
Check for safety standards such as EL, ETL or UL listed. You can also verify if the model was HVI tested.
Some bathroom vent fan, heater, and light combos come with a large warranty. This warranty is mostly limited to the parts. We recommend you choose the best warranty package to ensure that you save more money in case of a fault.
You already know the features to look at when looking for the best bathroom exhaust fan with light and heater.
But what do you think about the price of?
These combos can be purchased at a range of prices to meet every budget. Bathroom exhaust fans are available in a range of prices, from as low as $50 up to as high as $300. Price ranges will depend on the quality and features.
Make sure that you match your bathroom decor with the bathroom product you select.
Why would you need a 3 in 1 bathroom exhaust fan with light and heater?
The aesthetic value of a bathroom exhaust fan is increased by the addition of light and a heater. This combo unit can used to vent air, warm and illuminate the bathroom.
The modern bathroom exhaust fan has the added function of heating or lighting. 3 in 1 units are very popular in bathrooms. You can save space by having multiple functions in one unit.
The exhaust fan improves airflow, increases ventilation, and reduces humidity. The vent fan reduces humidity and heat in the bathroom, prevents mildew and mold, which ultimately leads to lower maintenance costs for the bathroom.
Second, the heater provides warmth for those who live in colder regions.
Third, the integrated lighting adds supplementary lighting to existing fixtures or replaces them.
Heating and cooling represent the biggest energy costs in most homes.
Bathroom vent fan combos allow you to have three different units in the same space – heater, fan and light. They consume less energy than other traditional units. Some models can be extremely energy efficient. A combination of an exhaust fan, heater, or light is the best and most efficient way to ventilate bad odors and moisture from the bathroom.
These combo units let you use all three functions at once or separately. This allows you to choose the best option for your needs.
Broan Vs. Panasonic Bathroom Fans
We’ve reviewed one model by Panasonic and four from the Broan brands in this post. WE’ve compared their reliability, performance, and quality. Each against the other.
During testing, we notified certain brands. After reviewing many customer comments, it was clear that there is no change in the noise level of Panasonic bathrooms fans with time. Users said that Broan Bathroom Fans become noisier as they age.
Also, users claim that Panasonic fan/light/heater/heater combos have excellent quality and are extremely heavy (often depending on the model).
These two are the best bathroom exhaust fans with light and heater combinations on the market.
How to Clean a Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Light
Cleaning your bathroom exhaust fan on a regular basis is essential for smooth operation and effective results. You can clean your bathroom vent fan by following the steps below.
Things You Will Need
- A brush attachment for a vacuum cleaner is a good choice
- Dry cloth
Step 1 Turn the unit off at the circuit breaker switch.
Step 2 An exhaust fan equipped with light must be removed from the cover.
Step 3 Take out the bulb.
Step 4 Remove the grating and press the screws. Unplug the wires and take out the part that holds the light and powers.
Step 5 Lift the fan off of the ceiling.
Step 6 You can clean everything and all dust with the vacuum cleaner. If the fan blades are not removed, use a toothbrush.
Step 7 You can clean the grille using a vacuum brush. Cover it thoroughly. If the light cover is made of plastic, you can soak it in warm soapy water or rinse it off. After that, dry them.
Step 8 The fan blade and bulb can be attached back to the original position.
Step 9 The screws will be used to fix the grate, and the piece, back into the ceiling.
Step 10 Place the light cover on top.
Step 11 Turn the power on and test it.
FAQs about the Best Bathroom Exhaust Fan
Does the bathroom exhaust fan eliminate bathroom odor?
The bathroom fan removes indoor air, which can help eliminate odors.
How often should I clean a combination of a bath exhaust fan/ heater/light?
Regular cleaning involves cleaning the grilles to eliminate any junk. It is recommended that you do this at least once every four to six months. Deep cleaning is possible by turning off the power supply. You will need to remove the grille, light the cover and clean fan blade, grilles as well as light cover and bulb.
Is it okay to place the exhaust fan in the attic or basement?
This is not something you should do. It is almost as if you are venting air from one place to another. We strongly recommend venting the air to the outside.
How can you determine the CFM needed for proper ventilation?
Determine the square footage (cubic footage), of your bathroom. You will need to measure the length, width, ceiling height and depth of the bathroom in feet. To calculate cubic footage, multiply these measurements by three.
Multiply this cubic footage using 0.13 and round up the result to the next “ten.”
Example: If 7 ft. is wide and 9 ft. long and 8 ft. high, the bathroom area would be (7 x 9, x 8) cubic feet. That’s 504 cu.ft.
CFM= 504 x 0.13 =66
An exhaust fan with 70 cfm will be required.
Is “sone” referring to volume or decibels?
It measures the sound in terms a normal hearing level. It’s the way sound is “sensed.”
These are the best bathroom exhaust fans with light and heater reviews.
Choose the right one to suit your needs and budget, and you’ll be rid of mold, mildew, cracks, and other problems in your bathroom.
Bathroom fans that lighten and heat up will make your space feel cozy and comfortable, and improve the air quality.
We wish that your next visit to the bathroom will be more pleasant and comfortable.
Many thanks for reading our bathroom exhaust fan with light and heater review.