Cold winter months are quickly approaching, and you need to think about how to keep yourself and your home warm this winter. Infrared heaters are a good option to warm up and not to get broke with high electricity bills. Read the post and find out the best infrared heaters and tips on choosing the right model for you.
Infrared heaters are electric heaters that use electromagnetic radiation and heat objects instead of heating the air. Infrared heaters are eco-friendly and more energy-efficient than any other type of electric heater in their category.
We have compiled a list containing the top 10 infrared heaters in the market that will suit all your needs, style, and budget.
Our top picks:
Dr Infrared Heater – Best infrared heater overall
GiveBest infrared heater – Best small and portable infrared heater
KEYTEK Patio Electric Infrared Heater – Best Patio Infrared Heater
- 1 Detailed Review of 10 Best Infrared Heaters
- 1.1 1. Best overall infrared heater- Dr Infrared Heater portable infrared heater
- 1.2 2. Best small and Portable – GiveBest Portable Infrared Space Heater with Thermostat
- 1.3 3. Best Patio Infrared Heater – KEYTEK Patio Electric Infrared Heater
- 1.4 3. Duraflame 3D Infrared Electric Fireplace Stove
- 1.5 5. Heat Storm HS-1500-PHX-WIFI Wall-mounted Infrared Heater
- 1.6 6. Dr. Infrared Heater Exaco Industrial Level Warmer
- 1.7 7. Dr Infrared Heater DR-238 Patio Infrared Heater
- 1.8 8. Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy Heating Radiant Heater
- 1.9 9. LIFE SMART Large Room Infrared Quartz Fireplace in Burnished Oak Finish
- 1.10 10. Philips Heat Lamp R40 Flood Light Bulb
- 2 How to find the best ibfrared heater for your space?
- 3 Before making a purchase
- 4 Prices for infrared heaters
- 5 Safety Tips
- 6 Conclusion
Detailed Review of 10 Best Infrared Heaters
1. Best overall infrared heater- Dr Infrared Heater portable infrared heater
- Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over protection and Overheat protection
- Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12hr automatic shut-off timer
- IR Remote Control, High Pressure Low Noise Blower with Noise level 39 dB super quiet. Heating can cover for a large room.
- Electronic Thermostat: range 50 to 85 degrees. Caster Wheels and lifetme filter
- Weights 24 lbs and uses 12.5 Amps of Power. 1500 Watts.Electric Cord 72 inch long
Dr. Infrared Heater is a very popular portable infrared heater with thousands of highly positive reviews. It features advanced dual heat technology and remote control, making it a comfortable way to stay warm in winter.
This heater is suitable for large or small rooms. It can heat up to 1000 square feet. It’s very quiet and has tip-over protection safety features so your house won’t be ruined while you sleep. This space heater is also equipped with an energy-saving mode that automatically shuts off the machine once it reaches a set temperature.
Dr. Infrared Heater provides rapid heating times of less than 30 seconds in most cases. There’s no waiting around! Simply plug it in to get started warming up right away!
This infrared heater has three power modes that allow you to regulate the room’s temperature and not waste energy. The heater has an auto setting that conserves power and a low-wattage mode that heats up quickly. It is possible to save money by using as little or as much electricity.
The unit measures 13″ * 11 1/2″ * 16″ and weighs 24 lbs, and can be easily moved with its four wheels. You can adjust the settings or stay put while using the remote control.
This heater is made to be safe. But first, push the button. After that, the remote will turn on!
The cool exterior of your unit is non-conductive. If it’s accidentally dropped, it will not tip over or shut off. It has an automatic safety button that turns off power if it is tilted beyond 30 degrees. This ensures there will be no fire hazard.
You’ll stay comfortable long-term due to the quality of the elements and blower. This is the best infrared space heater yet. It has a 80,000 hour warranty, and comes with a three-year warranty.Buy on Amazon
2. Best small and Portable – GiveBest Portable Infrared Space Heater with Thermostat
- 2 in 1 heater fan: This ceramic heater provides two heat levels, 1500W or 750W and one cool air fan, you can use it both for winter and summer. Thermostat control of the heater will turn the heater off when it reaches a preset temperature and turn the heater back on when the temperature dips below the thermostat setting. It will cycle on and off. Adjust the setting of thermostat from 0℉ to 158℉ to keep room comfortable
- Multi protection safety system: These heaters are made of flame retardant material avoiding any fire hazard. Automatic safety shutoff system will shut the heater off when the heater overheat. The tip over protection system will also shut the heater off when the heater was knocked over by accident and it will come back on automatically if it is up righted
- Compact and powerful: 8.3 inch x 6.3 inch x 4 inch, 2.2 pounds Portable mini heater with build in carry handle helps to reinforce the potential of rather low electrical bills by using at the place where you need when you don't want to warm the full house with other centralized heaters
- Quiet and fast heating: The noise this ceramic heater makes is lower than 45 decibels, quiet enough for most people to use in a bedroom while sleeping. With PTC ceramic heating tech and high speed fan, this heater put out tons of heat to heat up 200 square feet in seconds
- Upgrade abs material: Upgrade abs material applied, which is more flame resident. The room heater with six feet lead cord and 2 prong connection has a long lasting life
This portable space heater costs less than $50, and is extremely popular. The GiveBest infrared heater offers two heat settings (1500W / 750W) as well as simple air fan option, so it can be used in both summer and winter.
The heater has an automatic thermostat control and will turn the heater off when it reaches a set temperature and will turn it back on if the temperature falls below the thermostat setting.
The GiveBest heater uses ceramic heating technology with a high-speed fan to heat up a small room within minutes. It is just over 3 pounds in weight and easy to transport thanks to its handle at the top.
This device doesn’t have any advanced features such as an included remote control, or a touchpad, but this budget infrared heater is very powerful and portable.Buy on Amazon
3. Best Patio Infrared Heater – KEYTEK Patio Electric Infrared Heater
- 🌞FAST HEATING: KEY TEK Patio Heater has high heating efficiency and fast heating speed with advanced infrared technology. It has a high power of 1500W and can provide rapid and efficient heating for indoor or outdoor which needs constant heat in the winter.
- 🌞CONVENIENT ASSEMBLING: Wall-mounted heater package includes mounting hardware which makes you easy to install or relocate it, especially with installation video. And it can adjust mounting angle from 0 to 90 degree.
- 🌞EASY OPERATION & 3 HEAT SETTING: Electric heater has a switch on the right side. Open when shows yellow light and close when shows red. Meanwhile, the outdoor heater with smart remote control offers great convenience and highly improves your life quality.?The electric patio heaters has a 3 level heat setting, 500W-1000W-1500W mode.
- 🌞WATERPROOF & DURABLE: KEY TEK outdoor patio heater is waterproof. You can not only set up this electric patio heater indoor, but also put it outdoor with no worries. It is not rust and solid enough constructed by aluminum alloy housing. Our outdoor patio heater are manufactured under strict quality standards and pass ETL certificate.
- 🌞HEALTH WALL-MOUNTED PATIO HEATER: Our Electric Infrared Heater has a disinfectant effect with ultraviolet radiation and golden tube. Let you enjoy a healthy life while heating.
This patio heater by KEY TEK is great choice for outdoor family gatherings, as well outdoor dining in restaurants. The best thing about this infrared heater is its high energy efficiency and low energy consumption.
This unit can be assembled easily and includes high-quality wall mount hardware. You can select an installation angle between zero and ninety degrees. This means that you can mount the device on virtually any surface, including walls or soffits.
There are three heat settings – 500, 1000, and 1500 Watt depending upon your needs. And you may use this device indoors as well.
Another great thing about this infrared heater is being waterproof and durable. The aluminum alloy housing will not rust and can withstand light rains and splashes.
The size is very compact so the infrared heater won’t take up too much space and you can store it away if you do not use it.Buy on Amazon
- 5,200 BTU heater provides supplemental zone heating for up to 1,000 square feet to help you save money
- Patent pending 3D flame effect technology features realistic flames that dance on and behind the logs, including five adjustable color, brightness, and speed settings
- The infrared quartz heat helps to maintain the natural humidity in the air, resulting in comfortable heat without drying out the room's
- Overheat protection, heater will instantly shut off to prevent overheating. Volts : 120. Amps : 12.5
- Adjustable, digital thermostat allows you to decide the temperature of your room
Duraflame 3D Electric Fireplace Stove portable infrared heater emits radiant heat that quickly warms objects in small and medium-sized rooms.
This infrared space heater looks great in any living space or bedroom thanks to its classic fireplace design. You can adjust the heater’s output temperature and brightness level via the control panel on the heater or the remote control. 3D flame effects look so much real!
The fireplace heater features a shut-off device to protect your personal safety. It’s simple to assemble and move from one room into another. .Buy on Amazon
- (Wall Mounted Heater Only.) Wi-Fi enabled makes it possible for you to control the temperature from your phone!
- Safe to the touch grill. 1500 watts of power
- Space saving wall mount design means you don't lose floor space. Perfect for bedrooms, kitchens, offices and more
- When installed over the outlet, you can hide the cord inside the heater. This unit stays cool to the touch and the wall stays cool.
- Safe to the touch grill. Wall mounted version, Feet not included.
Heat Storm Phoenix Wall Heater has a 150-square-foot capacity and can be used to heat living rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, and other areas.
Wi-Fi technology has made this Heat Storm infrared heater extremely user-friendly. Because this technology is built into the heater you can use your smartphone for access to the heater and its functions.
This Heat Storm infrared space heater must be mounted on the wall. However, it is still mobile. It’s not difficult to lift it off the wall and move it anywhere else, making it mobile. It is also lightweight at only nine pounds.Buy on Amazon
- Infrared Portable electric 208 (4200 watts) -240 (5600 watss) volt heater
- At full power produces ~18,500 BTU
- Fan switch: on or automatic; thermostat control switch. 6-feet heavy duty 3-prong power cord - Plug is: NEMA #6-30P
- Size: 12" x 12" x 16" h
Dr Infrared Heater DR-988 industrial heater is ideal for heating any kind of construction site, basement or garage. It is lightweight and compact, and has an innovative heating element to increase power efficiency. This allows you to carry it around in your bag or pocket, depending on where you are spending your time.
This is great for outdoor spaces. Instead of purchasing multiple heaters, you can easily transport it to the place you will be using them. It’s light and compact so it’s easy to move. It weighs just under 12 pounds, so it can easily be carried by people of average strength.
You can also adjust the heat or temperature with the thermostat. The fan design inside the unit provides consistent heating and heat that will keep you warm in the winter.
This machine is durable and reliable. It can maintain a temperature range of 45 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit. This portable infrared heater produces ~18,500 BTU and can heat up really large spaces. Rapidly warms up a cold garage to a comfortable temp.Buy on Amazon
- Recommended primarily for SHELTERED external use. Do NOT expose to rain or moisture.
- Clean, instant and odorless Infrared heat, 900W, 1200W, 1500W
- Plug and go uses standard 120V, remote controlled
- Included wall and Ceiling mounting bracket
- Made with durable and weather proof aluminum
This heater heats up to 150 square feet and has a 1,500-watt power output. The manufacturer recommends using it in a sheltered area. It is not as powerful as some other models but it has unique features which make it stand apart. The first is the heat settings. This heater has three. You can choose from 900 to 1,200 watts or 1,500W depending on your needs.
Another great thing is a remote control that allows you to adjust the temperature remotely, and a timer. This heater weighs only 8 pounds and can be wall-mounted or hung on a tripod (sold separately). The heater plugs into standard 120-volt outlets and provides overheat protection.Buy on Amazon
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off.
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels. Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr) at 4000 BTU = 0.044 Gal/Hr, at 9000 BTU = 0.099 Gal/Hr
- Fold-down handle; swivel-out regulator; connects to propane tank (not included); Run Time (Hrs at Max BTU): 3 Hours
- THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
Mr Heater is 100% portable as you can take it anywhere you go. Just do not forget to grab a 1Lb. propane tank with you.
It can heat up the space of as large as 225 sq.m. that might be a large tent or garage. The heater can be connected to large propane cylinder or gas pipe. Do not forget to take safety measures – ventilate the area, and use a fuel filter.
Two temperature settings are available – high and low.
It’s also made of top-quality materials and features. To reduce storage space, the handle can be folded down and there’s a wire guard that protects against accidental burns. The heating surface is coated with porcelain to help distribute heat.
This infrared heater has a number of safety features, including an automatic shutdown when it detects low-oxygen and a tip-over safety switch.
It is compact, lightweight, durable, and affordable. Mr Heater portable radiant heat heater is the ideal choice for you if you are looking for an infrared heater to take with you on your travels.Buy on Amazon
- Dimensions: 28”L X 11”W X 20”H
- Heats 1000 sq. feet with 5100 BTU’s
- Features a Quakerstown dark oak cabinet and mantel
- Two levels of realistic fire glow
- Produces natural, quiet, and efficient infrared heat
Are you looking for a fireplace that doesn’t require the purchase of logs or cutting them up? Perhaps you’d like to help the environment by reducing your carbon dioxide emissions. The Lifesmart Infrared Quartz Fireplace is a great way to do that. Infrared heating is also an energy-efficient option.
The LCD display can accurately show the flames of logs on the heater. The panel is lit by a heat source that is located above it, creating the illusion of a fire pit producing real heat. This panel comes with two heat quartz infrared elements. You can easily use it in a space of up to 1000 sq. m.
You can save even more electricity by setting the thermostat at your desired temperature. After that, the unit will turn off and on to maintain the room temperature. Another feature that is appealing is the ability of the fire to be used without the heater, so you can enjoy the look throughout the year.
Measuring at 24’’* 11’’* 20’’ and weighing at 40 lbs makes this device big and heavy, but you can easily move the heater around your house using the wheels.
The heater is slightly more expensive than some other models but it is still a premium oak design. The heater is reliable and will not disappoint you.Buy on Amazon
- Philips 250-Watt R40 heat lamp light bulb is ideal for use in recessed can or track light fixtures
- Provides comfortable warmth using infrared technology
- Great for use in bathrooms
- Medium Base
- R40 Shape
Another popular way to keep warm with infrared waves is an infrared light bulb Philips Heat Lamp R40. These 250-watt medium Screw Bulbs are great for bathrooms. They provide direct heat that is comfortable and efficient, while also saving you up to 30%. They are also equipped with an automatic shut-off.Buy on Amazon
How to find the best ibfrared heater for your space?
Even though you know the best infrared heaters available in the market now, selecting the right one is quite different.
To make the right decision it is helpful to understand infrared heat and how it works.
What is an infrared heater and how does it work?
Infrared heating is best explained by comparing it with the sun. The warmth that an infrared heater produces is similar to what you feel when you step outside on a sunny morning.
Any object that is touched by the sun’s ultraviolet rays (including infrared rayon) will be heated. Infrared radiation from an indoor heater heats objects in the same way. It causes molecules to oscillate in order to release heat.
Convection heating is a method where warm air rises up and cools it down. This means that the air has to be heated again and more often, which can take a lot power. Infrared heating uses radiant heat to heat objects. As a result, the air in a room is heated up by the heat from these objects.
Infrared heaters can be a very efficient heating method for your home.
Most infrared heaters on the market are powered by electricity. However, they have several components. This includes an infrared generator source, such an infrared bulb, and a heat exchanging device to absorb heat. Finally, there is a component to let the heat go like a fan.
The most common infrared heaters you can find today are made of a ceramic element or quartz tube. These materials are extremely efficient, and they have a long life expectancy.
Why the Infrared Heater is a Good Choice
Infrared heating is a great option that offers numerous benefits.
- Efficiency. Convection heating allows hot air to rise while cool air falls. This causes the cool air to become hot again. This is not very efficient. Infrared heat overcomes this by directly heating the objects and not the air. This speeds up the temperature reaching the desired temperature. Infrared heaters are very energy efficient.
- Ideal for the outdoors. Although both heating methods can be used in enclosed spaces, infrared heating excels outdoors. This is because objects (such as yourself or a tent) are heated up rather than air, which can easily escape.
- A Healthier Choice.You may have seen infrared heaters used in a sauna, or in a health studio. Infrared light has many health benefits for the body, including blood circulation improvement, immune system boost and joint stiffness reduction.
- Consistent Humidity & Cleaner AirSince the air isn’t being heated, infrared heats are great for maintaining humidity levels. This is especially useful in winter, when traditional heaters dry the air, forcing customers to invest into a humidifier. They also don’t release allergens or dust into the air.
- Silent.Many infrared heating devices operate silently due to their few moving parts. Even those equipped with an integrated blower, infrared heaters are very quiet.
- Easy to MaintainConvection heating can be more troublesome than infrared heating. You don’t have to worry too much about exhaust or filters. The only thing you need to do is to clean out the unit when dust gets accumulated.
- Cost effective.Infrared heaters have a high efficiency, which allows them to warm a room quickly and are therefore more affordable than other heating systems.
It is important to not only understand the benefits of infrared heat, but also why you would want to get one.
Below are some scenarios that could benefit from an Infrared Heater:
- You have rooms that are in dire need of heating or additional heating.
- Infrared heating will save you money over expensive heating options like an AC.
- There may be cold spots throughout your house. There may be areas that your heating system isn’t capable of covering. You might want heating in your bathroom or kitchen sink. No matter the problem, an infrared heating system can fix it.
- A heater is ideal for outdoor use and for airy areas (such as a garage).
Infrared heaters should be considered if you answer yes to all of these questions. Before making a decision about which unit you want to buy, it is important to know all of the factors involved. You want to get maximum value from your purchase.
Before making a purchase
Before you buy the best infrared heater, please consider the following factors:
1) Fixed or mobile?
Many infrared heating devices are portable. They are lightweight and small. They can also be folded up and transported from room to room.
A fixed infrared heater can warm at least one room and is usually larger. If you’re looking for permanent heating, this is the best option.
Most heaters come pre-assembled, ready to be attached to a wall or ceiling. It’s crucial that you identify where the heaters are located before you purchase them.
A portable infrared heater can be moved around easily by being lightweight and equipped with wheels or handles. It can be used for heating rooms or zones.
You will find that some heaters are smaller than others. Some heaters are not mobile, like fireplace heaters made with wood finishing or log fire displays. The idea is that they will sit in a room to compliment the decor.
It is not surprising that all heater manufacturers take safety very seriously. Heaters can run extremely hot, it is important to stay safe next to them – not to be burned, don’t put the house on fire.
The following safety features are available on the majority of infrared heaters’ models:
- Safety switch and tip over sensor. In case the infrared heater is tipped over, the switch will turn the device off. This may not happen very often, but you’d better have this safety switch available. The infrared heaters are cool to touch, but grates may get very hot. .
- Cool-touch exterior. Most infrared heaters will remain cool to the touch. It will prevent you and others from being burned.
- Auto shut-off. Another safety feature that comes into effect when the heater’s temperature reaches a certain point or it is pushed over. This auto shut off will either turn off the heater completely, or turn it off temporarily while the temperature falls. The unit will then turn back on again.
3) Additional Functionality
Many other functions are available for infrared heaters today to increase their effectiveness. Here are the top features to look for:
Remote control. Who wants to get up from their comfy chairs and adjust the heating settings? No one! Remote controls are the best solution. These remote controls can be used to control the temperature and timer of the heater, as well as turn it on or off.
Heating settings. Infrared heating systems are well-known for reducing your heating bills. You can get the most from this heater’s ability to heat up with multiple heating settings. These settings can vary in wattage. This allows you to use the least amount of energy possible and get the best from your infrared heat source. Many heaters include an eco-mode option that will turn off the heater when the temperature is reached. The heater will return to normal once the temperature starts to fall.
Timer. Timers can be very useful in terms of usability. You can either set when the heater turns off or turn it on. This is useful for when you’re sleeping, going out on a day and want to come back to your warm house. Timers usually last from one to 24 hours.
Thermostat. The thermostat is often displayed on a digital panel, or as a knob. This will ensure that your heater maintains the desired temperature.
It is very important to locate the infrared heater within the best available space. Portable heaters can be moved around until they are comfortable. But, if the unit is wall-mounted then you need to think about its location more carefully/
If your heater does not use a fan to heat, ensure that the object you wish to warm up are close to the infrared heater. Remember that objects located closer to the heater will heat up more quickly than those farther away.
Infrared heaters are great to use outdoors, plus garages, bathrooms, and other places. Infrared heaters also work well for other practical purposes, such as drying paint.
This applies to both the infrared heater itself as well as the size of your room.
Infrared heaters work best for small to medium-sized rooms. You’ll feel the heat most when the rays hit you directly.
A larger room will have more angles and make it harder to achieve this effect. A heater with a bigger surface area and a fan can be an option.
A larger unit will typically have more power then a smaller one. It is important that you choose the right wattage for your space. The majority of heaters have a power range between 250 Watts and 1500 Watts. A small space obviously will need an infrared heater ofsmaller wattage. 1500W would be enough for medium sized rooms. that is at the lower end.
It is best to carefully read the manufacturer’s description before purchasing a product. They will typically give the recommended power level along with the appropriate size of space (in square feet or meters).
Before buying a heater, make sure you measure the room.
Infrared heating devices come in many sizes, shapes, and materials. Some infrared heaters can be equipped with 3D visual effects to create the illusion of a fireplace. Others are made of aluminium, wood, or plastic and come in a range of colours. You can find an infrared heatshield that fits your space, regardless of its size.
Infrared heaters are usually covered by a warranty for a year, or longer. It is important to carefully read the warranty to learn what is covered.
Prices for infrared heaters
The price range is very variable. Small portable infrared heaters may cost less than $40, while large high-end models with many additional features may cost over $200. ACosts vary depending on heat output, safety features, and the coverage size.
- Your infrared heater should not be plugged into an extension cord. This poses a danger to your fire safety. Instead, plug your unit directly into an electrical outlet.
- Standard 15-amp circuits may be overloaded by larger infrared heating elements. You can check the owner’s guide to find out what power requirements your heater may have.
- Clear the area around the infrared heatsink to ensure that the heat is evenly distributed throughout the room. This is especially important for flammable objects. These items might catch on fire due to the heat produced by an infrared-heating heater.
Do infrared heaters require maintenance?
Infrared heaters do not require much maintenance. But, if the heater doubles as an indoor purifier, you may need periodically to clean or change the filters. You can find more details in your owner’s manual.
Are infrared rays dangerous?
It is common to believe that infrared light can be harmful. This is because people often confuse infrared and ultraviolet rays.
The International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) is an independent organization that provides scientific advice and guidance of these types of radiation on health and the environment.
Concerning infrared, there was no evidence of any cancer or damage to the body. They found that thermal injury could occur with many types of heaters.
Any type of radiation can pose a danger if it is too concentrated (think about a laser). However, manufacturers of infrared heaters ensure that the radiation levels are not dangerous.
Do Infrared heaters consume a lot more electricity than other types of electric heaters?
1500 watts are the average infrared heating element. Infrared heating uses 7 watts (0.1 m2) per square foot, compared with 10 watts for standard heaters. Infrared heat can heat a room measuring 330 square foot. Infrared heaters are 30-40% more efficient than regular heaters.
Infrared heaters work much better than other types electric heating such portable radiant space heaters. Infrared heaters can save you money and energy.
How much does it cost for a 1500 watt heater to be run for 24 hours?
The common wattage used for space heaters is 1,500W. For a daily space heater cost, use the formula 1,500×24 / 1000 x $0.20. (Calculate 1,000 watts to convert to kilowatts. In this example, it will cost $7.20 if it was running continuously for 24 hours.
Can I leave the infrared heater on overnight?
In general, it is safe to use infrared heating units overnight. They are not temperamental. All modern heaters have safety shut-off switches in the event that it overheats or falls. But, be mindful if you leave one on while you sleeping or out of the home.
Infrared heaters are a great solution to keep you warm this winter. They are safe and easy to use and very energy efficient.
The key point for your satisfaction with the selected product is knowing your needs. Know the place where you plan to use the heater and remember that the infrared heater heats the objects, not the air inside your room.